View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^ 4th gen v8 rams have stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust pipe before the muffler and after the muffler from the factory. This is why I say the cat back is a waste of money. If you weld in the muffler then you have a system that is the same as the cat back, for a fraction of the cost. I agree 100% with you that the guys replacing the stock stainless steel mandrel bent pipe for crush bent mild steel pipe and are PAYING FOR IT have no idea what they are doing, and making a big mistake.

As I said above the only thing you "gain" when getting the catback is 2.5" dual tailpipes vs the stock 2.25" dual tailpipes(which won't make any difference in performance as the dual 2.25" tailpipes already flow more than the 3" single inlet to the muffler), and the big exhaust tips. So you are essentially spending hundreds of dollars for exhaust tips. That's fine if you want to, just know what you're buying.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 08-30-2013 at 08:16 AM.