Old 08-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BAB View Post
It absolutely astounds me that ANYONE would say "4 months" from order to delivery of a US made truck (well even if it came from Mexico). That is absurd. For one thing, the only way they make money is to have someone take ownership of a vehicle. So, the faster they build and deliver the more money they make. A couple of years ago I ordered a M-B S550. That car is ONLY made in Sindelfingen, GE. My car was delivered 5 weeks from the date I ordered it and it had to be shipped from Germany to the US. Granted they aren't pushing them off the assembly line by the thousands, but that car has three tiimes the content and complexity of a RAM. I have purposely not checked on the progress of my RAM build, though I did get a VOTS update today that said "Paint" -- I hope they didn't rush that process.
Hello...welcome...interesting vignette....cept neither RAM nor any other mfg is dependent upon consumers buying least not up front...those vehicles, including ordered ones, are invoiced to the dealers theyre shipped to...which is why dealers can owe millions in "floorplans"...the ordered ones get picked up almost immediately, for obvious reasons...the others can sit there for a year or more...which explains the so-called rebates and incentives....

Second, i wish American mfgs had the same attitude towards their role in life as a smaller European co might..quality wise too...Chrysler suffered from the same crisis the others did (cept possibly FORD)...of course, being privately held, their "numbers" were some what of a mystery...good luck to you...mine took 54 days from date of order to physical receipt...and im happy as a clam with it...mechanically AND appearance wise...

the only complaint i have now is their computer system is as effed up as it ever was, whether that VOTS, or the "owners site"...I can log in, but it insists i own a Jeep,, because it hasnt been updated to allow for 2014s yet....