Old 08-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: BLK
Rep:19
suparam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
There's only a couple of things it could be if it won't crank. That would be the battery, but you just got a new one, or the starter. Could be the starter is bad, could be the connections to the starter are lose or corroded. I'd start with the connection first, make sure they are clean, have good contact and are tight.

I was able to talk to the mechanic that started helping me out and surprisingly he didn't mention the starter. It's engaging. Maybe I'm using the wrong term but it does crank but will not completely turn over and start.

He narrowed it down and gave me two possibilities: ignition coil and he said the ???module??? and pointed to the distributor cap. I tried calling him a few minutes ago but he didn't answer. My question is now.... What is the proper name for that. He didn't point to the ignition control module. He pointed to the distributor cap. Is there a module inside of it or something?

I changed the ignition coil $32 and that wasn't it. 32 buck ain't bad so I'm not gonna complain but this stuff is adding up.