View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

If the engine rotates quickly, it should NOT be the Battery or Starter, nor the wires going from the battery to the ignition & starter

have you checked for gas flow, like a fuel pressure test, & in line fuel filter ??

if both of them seem ok, it comes down to SPARK
if there is no spark at the spark plugs or a yellowish colored spark (weak spark),
check for spark at the distributor
pull the distributor cap, look inside for a cracked cap
look for a metal shavings type ring on the inside of the cap
remove the coil wire from the center of the cap & have someone at night, try to start the engine while you are watching for spark near the rotor, i forget whether or not you still have points in that year.

By the way, i would not use Starter Fluid on a gas engine, a bit to much can actually ruin your engine
I use WD-40 instead, it is very flammable & works really well on gasoline engines

if you don't think it works, point the WD-40 nozzle away from you or anything that can burn or melt within several feet, then take something like a rolled piece of paper & light it, then spray the fluid over the top of the flame

don't do this when children are around or you will have pyromaniacs that have to show all the other kids
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle