Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
nineballnoob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff6cav View Post
I ended up peeling it off the front emblem, as I got a bug stuck in it and when I tried to clean it with a towel, the dip started to come off. Would adding more/thicker coats solve the durability problem? And are there any special ways to wash the truck now that it's on? I'm afraid if I wash it with a brush or wash directly on the dip, it might start coming off. The war stripes are actually better than they look in the pic, for some reason the resolution of the pic makes it look like there's red coming through, but the plastidip is solid
I have my grill, front bumper, and rear bumper dipped black. It's been 6 Months for me with only a few chips on the front bumper. As far as cleaning, soap and water are great for dirt removal. Over time the dip will fade so adding some tire shine (personal plug: Adam's VRT) works amazingly or most others will bring it back!

As far as the towel, a friend and I have sprayed dip on entire cars for cash on the side. On light overspray we will use microfiber towels and it will wipe right off. So if your coats were light, or you caught the edges of the Rams head the dip will start to come off/apart. Watch out for any kind of thinner or strong cleaners. It will mess up the dip as well.

And like many said, if you don't like it, PEEL IT. Great looking and cheap paint protectant!