Old 09-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Jumpmaster is on a distinguished road
Default Steering feels sloppy/loose. Can the feel be tightened up?

Hi all. I purchased a new sport QC a month ago (36 miles on the odo). When I was making the 98 mile drive back from the stealership I noticed that the steering wheel was off-centered to the right. It seemed to track straight but that bothered me. Also, it seems like the steering wheels feels light left/right.

A week later I made the 98 mile drive back so they could check to see if the alignment was off or if the steering wheel just needed to be re-centered. They did have to adjust the toe to get it back within in specs.
Driving back I noticed that the steering wheel was still off-centered to the right. Any recommendations?

With regard to my mention about the steering feeling light (loose). I guess I would refer to it as having a little dead space. We have a new base model F150 that we use for work and the steering feels more firm when turning left/right compared to my Ram.

Is there anything that can be adjusted with the electric power steering to "firm" things up or is typical of Rams? I probably made this sound more confusing than it is but I am sure some of you know what I mean. Overall, I am digging Black Betty.

Thanks guys

Last edited by Jumpmaster; 09-01-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: edit to post
Sponsored links