Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: TRX 4
Color: Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:48
Giants89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Sounds like you're in the exact same boat as me. My truck is also my daily driver and I don't tow very often (at the moment) but might buy a big trailer in the future. I pretty much had the same thoughts as you as far as wanting the power and torque of a diesel, extra mod options, all that kind of stuff. Well I finally went ahead a did it and I can tell you I don't regret it one bit! Driving the Cummins is a whole new level of truck. I can't even describe it. If you want to get in to one and have the option to do it I say go for it! Because that bug will never leave you, it will always be pushing you towards the Cummins
Agreed! The mod opportunities with a diesel are practically limitless! Plus I really miss boost. Before my Ram I owned a 2011 WRX, which was an awesome car! Just the thought of having a turbo twice the size of the turbo in the WRX, paired with a big cummins is just too awesome I couldn't agree with you more regarding diesel "bug" too! This bug started about 3 years ago when I was big into my little tuner car phase. I almost bought a F-250 with the 6.0 Powerstroke. I really do question myself on occasion, why did I buy the 1500 Hemi.. I should have just bought a used 3rd gen Cummins with the 5.9 or 6.7!! I would be without a truck payment right now. Your truck is gorgeous by the way! I'm not to sure I'd be able to go that big. If I do sell my truck I'd be looking used, 2008+ Cummins. I'm also interested in the Duramax paired with the Allison trans. I'm looking to buy a truck with light, tasteful mods, such as level, rims, tires and some EGR deletes.