View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

I ordered my Longhorn in January. There was no mention of and I knew nothing about the Limited. I was all set to order a QC Copperhead Sport because I like the monopaint look better and am not a fan of chrome. The thing that changed my mind is the air-suspension and 8-speed transmission were must haves on my long list. I didn't originally consider the Longhorn because i wanted a quad cab and not the crew cab. That changed on one of my trips to the dealership when I actually sat in the back of a quad cab. I found it more cramped to my liking. Even though I will never intend on riding back there I didn't want to subject my passengers nor did I want them that close to me and kicking my seat. I do like the interior color better on the limited but the exterior color choices were all at the bottom of my list. To me the perfect Ram would have been a Blackgold Limited, a close second would be Copperhead.

If the 2014 "build your own" web site color pictures are correct, the Longhorns now in monopaint comes with bumpers and side steps painted to match. They are only showing 5 monopaint options, but the Deep Cherry Red looks real nice. If Ram releases the rest of the colors on the Longhorn and the monopaint pictures are correct then it is a huge improvement over the chrome bumpers. I wouldn't have chosen the gold 2-tone.