Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
I dought your radio or bluetooth not working will be seen for as justification for not driving your truckbut if it works for you please forward me your attorneys name and number

Sorry you've had an issue.
I have not had to use an attorney yet.
However when the Chrysler rep told me I could be driving my truck, it was a simple explanation that:
1. I don't have NAV in it, and when I do go places I very often need to enter an address. I'm not going to do that in my phone and try to hold my phone and follow directions on that thing.
2. My whole life I've always listened to radio (now satellite) while I drive to keep me entertained. Taking it away is like taking a television or computer away from someone in their home and expecting them to sit in their living room each evening starring at a wall while relaxing.
3. I have kids and I do not talk on the phone or text while driving, I am responsible. Not only do I not want to kill myself, I don't want to kill someone else. I will only talk on the phone on bluetooth. And since I have to occasionally talk on the phone while driving, not only business but also speak to my wife about personal things or kid related issues, I can't safely do that without bluetooth.

Therefore my truck is essentially useless to me.

He said, "ok, ok, I understand, no need to explain further."

If they want to change their minds and argue those facts and safety issues, they can argue it to my attorney. And I also work in the media, so they can explain it to millions of people that they don't support using bluetooth while driving and are ignoring customers and the public's safety and encouraging people to drive and talk/text on a phone and not on bluetooth while driving. They'd have fun with that one I'm sure, and it would be far costlier than paying my couple months payments and insurance. I'm confident they'd quickly see that.