Old 09-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
blackram is on a distinguished road

Rambo, I went from general grabbers to the terra grapplers, so can't comment on the stockers vs terra grapplers. I can say however that the terra grapplers are very livable tires! Not too loud, ride smooth, great traction all around! I see why they sell so many of these tires. Most people I spoke to have gotten 50k-60k outta them easily! I did notice a drop in acceleration after putting on taller tires. It's funny, now that I have new tires, I suddenly don't want to floor it as much anymore. I enjoy driving easier now that it is lifted, whereas I drove it like I stole it before!!!

Btw Sukka, the sidewall of the terra grapplers is very smooth for an all terrain, meaning that you should be fine using the 295's with the lift spindle. Do your own research, tho. I thought I read at some point that the fabricated spindle required less backspace on the rims, I believe I read 4.5" BS max for the cast spindles and 5" BS max for the fabricated ones??? Check it out, that would mean that you have more clearance for stockers with the fabricated ones!

Last edited by blackram; 09-03-2013 at 11:45 PM.