View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

So it didn't screech when it went in to the shop, but it did when it came out? Doesn't take a crack detective to figure that one out. I'm curious, however, as to why you didn't here it when you first pulled out of the garage? When you say wheel bearing, do you mean axle bearing? Then, you do have to pull the axle all the way out to replace the bearing. And it is possible that the tech hit the shield at some point. But, if you didn't hear it when you pulled out, and the tech didn't hear it (allegedly) when he took it for the test drive (I'm hoping he took it for a test drive), then is it possible you ran over something, even something light like a piece of cardboard? Is it possible they did it? Yes. Is it possible you ran over something? Yes. It could go either way. But since it happened, or you heard it, a couple days later, I think the shop is going to stand their ground.