View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
take a short length of bare electrical lead (not single strand wire) and wrap it around the outside of each RCA post and collect them at any exterior casing screw, this grounds the negative side of the RCAs to the case if you have an internal RCA ground fuse gone. Then take the a lead and from another exterior case screw and run it to a clean body ground, this will ground the case to the frame, and should alleviate any RCA signal distortion.

Multiple RCAs won't cause any issues, they are just signal outs, but if you do get a new head unit, that would be a simple way to tell if you have RF interference or RCA noise.
I meant that as in either way i might be getting a new head unit so i can amp all 4 of my 6x9s. AND still have a sub out as well, instead of a front and rear/sub. My bad.

Would you recommend to ground the RCAs only if I've blown that fuse? Where is that fuse?
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs