View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:88
oh4ohyeah will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Help! I've got coolant everywhere!

Well, just tonight, I was getting on the freeway and I was getting on the truck pretty good - Got it up to 4500 RPMs, etc and about a 1/4 mile down the freeway, the "Check Gages" light came on. I checked the gauges and the voltage gauge was down to nothing and I noticed the gauge lights dim slightly. First thing I thought was I blew out the alternator. Well, as I checked the other gauges, I noticed the temp gauge creeping up to just about the "H" limit. I immediately pulled the truck to the side of the road, turned it off, and popped the hood. Steam rolling out of everywhere. I could smell the coolant burning. Since I had no flashlight, I couldn't inspect too much and called AAA and had it towed home. Upon inspecting, I could not find ANY cracks or leaks in the hoses and the radiator was still 7/8 of the way full with the resovoir about 1/2" below the "MIN" line. I still have yet to discover where all the coolant came from so I started the truck to see if I could find any spray... Nothing. However, I did noticed the center pulley that the fan is mounted to jerking around a lot when the fan runs - So much to the point that the back side of the pulley was grinding against the aluminum behind it. Is this the water pump? What happened to my truck?? Please, any input is greatly appreciated!

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab
89,000 miles

Good Hood Fiberglass Functional Ram-Air Hood * Gibson Stainless Headers * Magnaflow Dual Exhaust * Nitto Terra Grapplers * 20% Window Tint
Sponsored links