View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge RAM 1500
Rep:10
desktop is on a distinguished road

Bought a new gas cap, lol. I know that sounds lame, but my engine light was on and my mechanic said there was a misfire on cylinder 8 and suggested I rebuild the top of the engine. I stopped by my friend's house the other day and his neighbor was out and so I told him about this. He knows a lot about vehicles so when I told him this he got his machine out and hooked it up to the truck (I'm sorry I don't know what it's called). The only code he got was P00441 (I think that was it) and he said it was something about P-Vac (?). We checked my gas cap, which never did fit, because my ex had bought it off Amazon. When I told him this he grinned. "Yeah," I said. "I know..."

He also looked at my engine, to see if there were any signs of a misfire. He said, "That engine isn't even moving." He told me to put my fingers on it so I did. "See," he said. "It's not even vibrating." He said that was a sign that I had a sweet engine, especially for the age of the truck. He said I should find a better mechanic and in the meantime, buy a decent gas cap. So I did.