Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:88
oh4ohyeah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remerson228 View Post
Yup, your water pump is shot. It's not uncommon on the 4.7 and 5.7 motors. If you're handy with a ratchet, you can fix this yourself, but you will need a 36mm wrench or fan tool to remove the clutch fan from the water pump. The threads are right handed. If you have a 3.7/4.7 the pump bolts torque to 40 ft lbs. If you have a Hemi, they torque to 18 ft lbs.
Thanks for the speedy response! I'm pretty good with tools and working on my own vehicles, but since I haven't quite worked on my truck yet, it'll be a new experience. It is, in fact, the 4.7L and I'm kinda' glad that this is a "common" problem, in a way. Do you have any ideas on where the coolant come from that sprayed everywhere? That's bothering me. Also, is there anything else I should be concerned about when the water pump took a dump? Also, about how long should replacing a water pump take? Just as a guesstimate?

Good Hood Fiberglass Functional Ram-Air Hood * Gibson Stainless Headers * Magnaflow Dual Exhaust * Nitto Terra Grapplers * 20% Window Tint

Last edited by oh4ohyeah; 12-14-2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Another question added.