Old 09-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Smokin Yoda is on a distinguished road

Thanks Roger. I don't think I heard the noise pulling away because it was near 100 degrees out and I had windows up and air blasting. Then the truck sat for a day. When I drove it after a full day and a half later it was in the morn and I had windows down and heard the noise. I looked under the truck but didnt see anything. I did see oil coming out of the front of the diff and the cab smelled like oil. When I got it back to the shop yesterday after the long weekend the owner said the pinion seal was leaking...four days after they worked on it! He was going to fix that obviously and check on the noise. That's when he called back and said there was no way it could have been his shops issue - the noise. That's when I called BS. I never ran over anything I'm aware of in the 20 -30 miles I drove it after picking it up. He is still adamant and had me over to the shop to show me. I am still here waiting for it to be finished. He finally said that he understands where I'm coming from and said if he fought it was his issue he would take care of it. So...I guess there is no way to solve the stand off.

Other than the noise, the issue of the backing plate rubbing on the caliper isn't a big issue I'm guessing right? Plan is to try and bend it out some so it doesn't rub. Would think it will eventually need replacing.