Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1989 Ram LE 150
Trim Level: alot
Color: two tone red white
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:10
PowPow is on a distinguished road
Default Power Problems

Hey I'm new here but id thought id get this out here as quick as I can. its an 89 ram 318 tbi. its drivable but when I hit the throttle my truck moves but not very fast. I can pass cars and raise the hood when I hit the gas but cannot spin tires, for example. in addition it feels like my trans is slipping, but have had that checked. its something with my fuel. now. this truck was not running when I bought it. I replaced fuel pump, injectors, sending unit, spark plugs, rotor, cap, wires, timing, previous owner cleaned fuel tank, replaced fuel lines,and rebuilt the tbi. but all that work only screwed me. theres cut vac lines, tubes that lead to nothing. I have cleaned the egr.and screwed with just about everything. I feel it might be the fuel pressure regulator. but cant find any way to diagnose that. what im asking is what could be causing this? a list off all parts that have to do with fuel to the engine that I have not replaced. it has 98000 miles.
edit; I also smell gas in exhaust and it bickfires very rarely. like once every 3-4 miles and its very small. the engine and my truck shake also while accelerating. ill post pictures if needed. any help would be very appreciate this as its my way to work.
its not a mess on the inside everythings plugged off or just runs down to a plugged off end. nothings just open. its a good running truck it just has these two problems. iv unplugged my computer and sprayed carb/tbi cleaner inside the carb while it was running. all of this work has gotten her to where she is now. iv gone through hell and back for this truck. but I know its worth it because I got it real cheap off a friend.

Last edited by PowPow; 09-04-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Sponsored links