Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Crewcab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:43
LabattZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Interesting...I get better than that with the Hemi and 8 speed in town. I cracked off 20.3 on my commute to and from work last week (mostly 35-50 mph, traffic light littered drive of 28 miles round trip).

My city average is sitting around 17 city because I can't keep my foot out of the V8 after a couple of cold ones after work.

On a 400 mile round trip, running 80mph with 5 people and loaded down with gear, I averaged 17.4 when the truck had 400 miles on it with 305's all terrain tires.
I avg 18.something in the city, to/form work, joyride romps, etc. Agree'd, it's hard to keep the foot out of the throttlebody. The V6 is peppy and fun to wind out.

Made a 560mi trip over the mountains in British Columbia (Everett, WA to Banff, AB via the Coq) fully loaded (seriously, every nook and cranny filled) with camping equipment, food, 5 flats of beer, wife, kid, luggage & dog. Roll-X installed & runnin on stock 17's w/ 3.55 rear.

I could have posted higher numbers that were inflated due to the mpg experienced going down the Rockies, but that wouldn't have been accurate. This was taken shortly after passing through Yoho. I do think that if I was making a run across the prairies, the numbers would be higher. Going up the Coq hurt and the Hemi would have handled the load better going up.

-Andrew