Old 09-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
jtlind1999 is on a distinguished road
Default Lifetime Warranty?? Chrysler /RAM has NO "honor".

I have a 2008 Ram with a "lifetime" drivetrain warranty. The dealer has done all of the work on it (oil changes ect. . . ), when it came time for them to honor the warranty for a seal leak(70K miles), Ram would not it because the truck had not received the 5 year "special" inspection. I bought the truck in September of 08 and it was in for an oil change every 3.5K and at the end of June 2012 and in December of 2012 (the 5 year "warranty inspection window", but the dealer did not get a notice of the special inspection, RAM care acknowledged that they did not tell me about the inspection coming due, and I checked all of my original paperwork and no "special inspection" was noted, so it was not done and now Dodge will not honor the warranty. Dodge is supposed to send reminders (they acknowledge that they did not send mine to the correct address). I have discussed it with Ram "Customer Care" repeatedly, but because I am outside of the 90 day window of beginning service in September (not true for the December 2012 oil change and 14 days early for the June oil change) and the dealer, while they did an inspection each time, did not get the notice on the computer for the the specified warranty inspection, so it was not done. I love my truck, but I have a real problem with Ram Care. They seem to be trying to find ways not to honor this warranty and there has been absolutely NO communication on their part. I have had to instigate each conversation even when they promise "someone will get back to me". I purchased the extended warranty also, but it does not cover items that should be included in the lifetime warranty, so it is worthless. The dealer has been working with me and we sent in all of the records and requests to the president of Customer Care over a month ago and there has been NO contact from them whatsoever. The sad part about this is that I am a loyal Dodge Customer who just purchased a Dodge Dart for my wife and put a lifetime warranty on it (two months before the debacle of the RAM truck or I would not have done it) and I have many people ask us about the Dart, but I cannot recommend the service or warranty at this time. I have been very patient with RAM care and gave them every opportunity to do the right thing and honor the "spirit" of the warranty to a loyal Dodge customer, but I do not want anyone else to go through this (my local dealer says I am not the only one), so be careful. Good Luck. If RAM Customer Care does come through, I will post that as well. Let's hope they can "step up" for their loyal customers.

UPDATE: As of this time, no one from RAM care has contacted my or my dealer regarding this matter. The Service Manager has sent repeated e-mails and left phone messages, but once again, no effort on RAM'S part. I think that is really the worst part of this situation.
Sponsored links