Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 5500
Color: white
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
kinohio is on a distinguished road
Default Question about a 2008 Grille

Newbie to this forum so take it easy on me

I have a 2008 Ram 5500 4x4 and my grille is bad. Been having a devil of a time getting the RIGHT one. I wanted to get away from the plastic Version so I searched the internet and found a company that "said" it was making a chromed aluminum one that was listed for my truck. It was expensive but it said it had no emblem provision (smooth up the center bar} so i wouldn't have to spend another $60.00 for one of those.

When I got the grille it was plastic with an emblem provision. Vendor called company and said it was supposed to be plastic but shouldn't have the emblem provision(boxed wrong)

They picked that one up and sent another...... EXACTLY the same. I gave up with them as they spent $160 total in shipping back and forth.

Called another vendor and asked if the had them in stock and the said yes. Asked if they would check to verify that it had no emblem provision and the said it was smooth. Got it today and it has the emblem provision so here we go again. Can you FEEL my anger?

Evidently they are boxing them wrong but refuse to do anything about it. I'll give the name of the company but don't know if that is allowed but it sure is Frustrating!

Anyway, there is the background and here is the question. Is a 2008 Ram 3500 grille and a 2008 Ram 5500 interchangeable? Most places I've checked do not list them and I'm getting about half saying it will and the other half saying no. One vendor said they use the same hood so that is in my favor. Does anyone on here have experience with this. All I want is a grille that isn't peeling and cracked. The one I tried to get was $380.00 while a generic one is around $150. Since it's plastic anyway I see no advantage to it anymore. Can anyone steer me to a yes or no answer? Sorry for the long winded post. Kevin
Sponsored links