Old 09-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
jtlind1999 is on a distinguished road

I do have all of the records and they have all been sent to RAM just in case something was lost (I have copies of the complete file). I am the original owner as well. The warranty was a Chrysler product that they sold with the 08 to get them off of the lot (according to some of the posts here). I am working with the Service Director on all of this and spoke with him again after this post. He was in contact with the RAM rep today and asked for an update from the VP(which she did not have), so she is sending another e-mail asking for an update and he will let me know one way or the other tomorrow. But, he was concerned that no one felt the need to contact me on this. It is more frustration at this point, not anger, but I know there are some other owners of 08 that could find themselves in this situation if they are not careful, so I felt the need to post. As I told the service manager, I will not go away quietly. In the digital age, it is much easier to get out a message good and/or bad, so I am still hoping for a "Chrysler stands by their loyal customers" message. But, I have consulted an attorney who, after reviewing the documents, would be happy to take the case and collect his fee only after the case is settled because he is that confident in it. I would be a little leery of that kind of promise, but he is a trusted friend as well (who does not BS me), so we shall see. Like I said, I will keep updating this post as it goes, but I have been dealing with this situation since June and I hoped that others could find this information useful.