View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White-W7
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:139
Hemi N Haw will become famous soon enoughHemi N Haw will become famous soon enough
Smile Eco boost vs. Hemi

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but seriously I watched a B.S. video on youtube about how the ecoboost was out hauling a 6500lb trailer that the ram 5.7 hemi was struggling w/. In the video the ford had what appeared to be heated seats on & the tow/haul mode engaged. In the ram they had it in regular trans mode & the A/C was engaged when these quote on quote tests were performed. I only became interested in the rivalry after my cousin just picked one up & was bragging about it. I like his truck & wish him the best w/ his new ford. I just found it funny that they make two trucks w/ almost identical specs sound so different. Ram 5.7 hemi =390 hp @ 5600 rpm / 407 ftlbs @ 4000 rpm of torque. F-150 Ecoboost = 365 hp @ 5000 rpm /420 ftlbs at 2500 rpm. Ford gives their trucks best rear gearing -3:73's Ram -3:92's. My money says either this is a dead heat or a bumpers difference either way & it wouldn't make a difference either way. In the end there's no way even under boost that the fords gonna destroy the ram in this contest or much of any other. I will say them leaf spring boys keep upping their haul & tow ratings over ram. But who care if you can haul a house when the journey to your lot leaves your teeth broken & your ass numb!
Sponsored links