Old 09-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 ram reg cab
Trim Level: base
Color: silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
smoknight is on a distinguished road

I used to have a 95 Ram 5.2 and yes I'm going to join this boy band of real men driving the 3.7.
I don't see the need for two more cylinders to gain 10 more horse power of that the clown has in his truck. Seems like a lot of metal weight to haul extra in the two cylinders for ten horse power more. Maybe the clown needs two extra cylinders because he is shy a few. If he can't even read that this is a 3.7 thread for lovers of the six. My 5.2 had a five speed. And the 3.7 has a 6 speed. I scrap metal with mine and both will run 60 on the high way with over a ton of weight. I will admit that the 95 5.2 always got me 19-21 miles per gallon. And the 2007 3.7 only gets 17-18. But as for the work from each is about the same. Not a noticeable difference between the two other than millage and the 5.2 had a faster takeoff.
Do it I fell that I stepped down from the 5.2 to the 3.7. Only in mileage. At first I did but once I started using premium I found it responded just as good as the slant six did to the higher octane. Would I get or take a 5.7. Who wants to waste money on that when you could just as well get the real work horse Dodge Viper Truck.
I don't need all the racing power I just need a truck from Dodge that I can scrap iron and other metals in. And then I am here to say the 3.7 Has been doing just fine at 84 k . will this motor still be strong without using oil at 250k like my 5.7. That is to be seen in the future. It was a really great truck and it was time for a new bed that was destroyed from having short iron being tossed in. From what I have seen from the 2007 bed it won't last 12 years. But I am sure I'll make enough before this truck quite I'll be able to buy a Viper Truck. If they still make them. I have not been hanging around the dealer ship having to buy parts or aftermarket parts to keep it running. That's all I have to say now
Michael