View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I purchased a used Vararam Air Grabber from member stryker291982 (Jason) last month and was finally able to install it today. Either I have been working or it has been 85+ degrees with 90% humidity. Not conducive to any kind of work in the sun on a black truck. Anyway...pics:

Thanks to Jason, who trimmed the Air Grabber already, install went pretty smooth.

Some tips from others on here and from personal experience:
  • Position the screws on the clamps to the right (Or left if you are left handed.) before you place Air Grabber on engine. This way they will be accessible when the Air Grabber is installed all the way.
  • Before tightening the clamps all the way for final install close the hood slowly to seat Air Grabber.
  • Be very careful inserting Air Temp Sensor in the Air Grabber tube. I snapped off the clip for the original intake. This has no bearing on the Air Grabber but if I ever want to return my truck to stock I will need to buy a new Air Temp Sensor.

Some observations I had right away:
  • This does have a "flimsy" feel but once installed you won't be feeling it anyway. The hood and clamps should hold it in place.
  • I wish Vararam would have added a OEM socket for the Air Temp Sensor. It is held in by pressure/friction.
  • A lot of people have said they really didn't use the 10mm socket mentioned in the directions. Well, I did on the negative battery cable.
  • Like most people have pointed out, I didn't need to move any of the harnesses.

Now the big one. Is there a difference?

Shit, I don't know. It sounds deeper by a couple of octaves. It feels a little more responsive. All this from the butt dyno of course. I am just glad I got a good price on a used one.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover