View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:116
jerseymike will become famous soon enoughjerseymike will become famous soon enough

Well there are a lot of people on here that have mods to 2011+ trucks and are seeing performance gains and mpg gains with a 180 thermo. How could that be?? Including me. I have a 180 thermo, tuner, CAI, headers, and exhaust with mds turned off. My truck is .5 seconds quicker than stock and still gets 16 mpg in city driving with me doing 0 to 100mph runs at every stop sign.

The original poster asked 2 questions. If a 180 would keep this truck cooler when idelling for long periods of time. Yes it will run around 185 instead of 203. And if you read his future mod list includes a tuner. If you are doing mods to increase air and timing then a mod like a cooler thermo that increases fuel helps to complete the package.

Where do you see that the engine is doing everything it can to increase its temp? And would have to fight cooler temps? I did read about trans warmers to get the trans up to operating temp quicker. But that temp must be 140 where my trans runs stock.