Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
blackram is on a distinguished road

An adapter IS a spacer. You cant adapt bolt patterns without space to do so! People call them both spacers/adapters. Depends on what website you look at. They refer to the adapters as 5x5.5 to 5x5.5. They do still term them adapters, although they ONLY serve as spacers! Its a little confusing, but even tho they don't actually ADAPT, some companies still refer to them as adapters. Make sure to get the Hub Centric Spacers/Adapters for whatever you want to do with them (either adapt to another pattern or space you wheels out). They are more expensive, but a MUCH better product that can negate the effect of wobble and shake on the drivetrain. Locktite and re-torque after 500 miles is the standard!

I am referring to the ones that have the pressed in studs in them. I need to get some for the rear of my 2wd cause of the pushed out front tires with the CST Lift Spindles. Trying to figure out what the minimum thickness would need to be in order to NOT have to cut the factory studs!

Last edited by blackram; 09-05-2013 at 06:33 PM.