Vehicle: 2012 Powerwagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black/Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Sledlvr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerattle View Post
Dont put to much emphasis on the 6.4. The numbers are only marginally better than the 5.7, the only big advantage is the larger displacement allows the use of MDS (can be a headache in itself).

383 hp
400 lb/ft

410 hp
429 lb/ft

It really looks like alot, but when you factor in where the numbers are available (RPM wise) and drivetrain losses its really less than a 10% improvement. You can get that plus more with tuning on a left over 2013 and still be chaeper than a 2014. As for the coil suspensions it is hit and miss. I liked them for overall ride quality, but not for towing/hauling (they feel wiggly to me).
I agree , the numbers don't seem significant , but, I'm thinking of the potential of the larger motor, as nothing stays stock for long in my world ,and I need more torque , I was heavily leaning toward trading my 12 for a 14 , but have decided I'd be further ahead buying a crate motor and putting it in my 12. The toughness of this truck and it's capabilities off road amaze me , I'm not ready to be a test mule on a new suspension package
37x12.50 17' Super Swampers , HID's, Bullydog tuner,Catch can,Volant Powercore CAI, 4" Dynomax exhaustfor a 6.7 diesel, Kenwood TM271 65w VHF radio,240mm Lightforce Blitz HID driving lights,Custom 8'x9' aluminum sled deck