View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinflorida View Post
Amen on the bad materials, after taking the motor off of the old regulator I could see where the cable assy lining had bunched up on the cable and was preventing it from working very well.
Had I had any experience on these things, I would have opened it up before ordering anything and took a look. I'm pretty sure that the regulator (with cables and track could have been ordered separately) oh well I got a good price for the whole thing from Rock Auto (last one) for $66.
Atleast you have got everything working again. I usually go to the junk yard (LKQ) and pull out the entire assembly, check it over, and if it is good I use it. I think my LKQ charges 25 per assembly. Thing is that it is fine to use those plastic parts, the nylon has less friction with the cable so the windows open and close like they were gliding. However one cannot rely on plastic to keep a unit together under spring tension! It isn't even the engineers that make the boo boo, they do what they are supposed to do. It is that damn budget that dictates the materials and so the engineer has to sit back and say "ok use nylon and it will hold, but for how long?"