Old 09-08-2013, 01:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
mids will become famous soon enough

Everything came in on Friday, and I installed everything today.

Install impressions: The kappas fit nicely into the dash's side locations, however, the center location is a very tight fit due to the kappas permanently attached crossover. It did finally fit though.

Putting the grills back in place, I realized, that the rings needed to be removed from the speakers for clearance. The grills closed, but did not sit right with them in place.

Sound quality impressions:The sound quality improved substantially. The muddiness cleared up quite a bit, however, not completely.

Further thoughts: I am considering replacing the door speakers next, however, I am just not certain, how much further putting 6 1/2" or 6 3/4" woofers in the doors would improve the sound, or, if there a large loss, or change, of bass/mid-bass reponse. We really like how tight the bass and mid-bass currently sound, however, we have not reached the level of overall clarity that we are looking for.

Last edited by mids; 09-08-2013 at 01:41 AM.