View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future
Default Road Trip - Things done, seen or best left unseen?

I went on a little road trip on Friday and a couple of weird things happened. This got me to thinking that some of you might have some great stories to tell. Please change the names to protect the innocent...or just plain stupid.

On the way their traffic was humming along nicely at 65 MPH. Semis were in the right lane and traffic was passing in the left lane. All was right with the world. I came around a bend and noticed 4 or 5 semis in a line in the right lane. There were two pickups in front of me and we all had the idea to pass the semis at the same time. We all get in the left lane and pass the first 2 or 3. Then I notice the first pickup tap his brakes. Then the guy in front of me does the same. Of course I back off a little and let them sort out what I can't see.

About fifteen minutes later we come up a small hill and I see what the problem was. There is a grey sedan that has at least 5 people in it. I say that because I can see 3 heads in the back seat. The driver is parallel with the head semi in this line of 4 or 5 semis and he/she is keeping pace with the head semi. The driver of the sedan is unaware or just plain doesn't give a shit that there are 3 pickups and at least 3 more cars behind me that wan't to get past.

I think finally the guy in the pickup right behind the sedan either honked or flashed his lights because the sedan pulled over in front of the lead semi and immediately put on it's hazards. This car was going down the highway at 63 MPH with hazards on.

I sped past and an hour later stopped for a toilet break and to get some water. When I get back on the highway I pass the sedan that is now in the right lane. A couple of minutes later I glance to my left and that frikken sedan is keeping pace with me now. I left it go for about 5 miles and then I take off thinking WTF?

On the way back I see a small car/truck in the distance. It looks really small. It takes me about ten minutes to get up to it and I realize it is a Volkswagon Rabbit pick up with a topper. It looks like a toy. It just looks tiny. I move in to the left lane to pass it. I look across my hood as I pass by it and realize the roof of the Rabbit doesn't even make it to my hood. I see the Rabbit disappear as my truck, looking from the drivers side across my hood, completely hides it from view.

I thought this is what it would look like in some alternate universe where trucks had to hunt for their food and my truck just caught up to and ate a Rabbit. Don't judge me. It was a long boring ride alone. Through farmland. Alone.

What are some of your stories??
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Sponsored links