View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgcet View Post
I've seen so much travelling this country I have lost faith in mankind ever regaining common sense.

the story above of the car keeping pace with the vehicle beside is very common. What burns me up even worse is the number of idiots that refuse to use cruise control. they run up on my bumper, then blow past in the left lane. not even 30 seconds later I am passing them, then a few minutes later they either keep pace beside me or blow past again. one idiot in NE did this for 100 miles along I80, he would fly past and get 1/2 mile or so ahead then within 2 minutes I would pass him again. bet he fusses about how horrible his gas mileage is too.

another thing I see all the time is folks that will pass a semi then dart over in front of them and hit the brakes to take an exit. I just know i'll be a witness to one getting smoked one of these days.

Often they decide to ride right next to a semi when approaching an on ramp and the semi has no where to go when another semi tries to get on the interstate.

I have a topper on my truck with toolboxes in place of side windows so my side view is limited. professional drivers see my truck and KNOW where my blindspot is so they will give me a light flash when I can get back over. your run of the mill idiot will let me get clear of them and once I hit my blinker to get back over they speed up to right on my back corner.

if it were up to me there would be mandatory common sense tests before you are allowed to drive on any interstate!
I agree with the common sense test. Common sense is so rare it is almost a super power. I think you should also be able to give drivers "Time Outs". You enter their plate number in an on board computer that makes them pull over and then they can't start their vehicle for 15 minutes.

I had my cruise on the entire way and I constantly had people speed up to me. I had one chick get so close I couldn't see her front end over my tailgate. I tapped my brakes to get her attention. She backed off but I could see the scowl on her face in the rear view mirror.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover