View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 03:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:10
tonyhon is on a distinguished road
Default 2012 Dodge RAM LED transformation

Hi

I've learn so much from this forum, now most of my LED project are done, here is the result. Thanks for all who post instruction on this forum, that's how I learned it.

Basically it's all bulb to LED, (front, rear, interior), Headlight and fog light are PIAA bulb. Also LED in footwell, underhood, bed, and tow hook area. Under headlight to make it like those Audi.

I've empty my wallet a few times for this project, but I would like to put LED in the glove box (both upper and lower one), a switch to turn off the under headlight LED and under tow hook LED, but don't want to drill anything. Any link is appreciated.

Really appreciated everyone's help on this forum, specially to SS4Luck who give me a head start with some parts list. Thanks.

Lot of photos :

Under headlight LED strip, side emitting, had to bend it a bit and use super glue, and the top end there is hole, so I use tiestrap to tie it down. Connect to signal light's ON power.

Same wiring, now put a LED strip upside down in the tow hook area.

At night time. In person you can see individual LED, not as "glow" like in photo.

Headlight on (PIAA 4100K)

Just LED

Side view

License Plate bright white, brake is LED too.

Cargo and Backup light

Bed without light

Bed with light. Used the Waterproof 5050 LED, so bright, even in daytime.

Bed LED shine on the road

Bed LED close up. I wire from tow hook's always hot wire, up from left side, LED around the bed to the other side.

A rocker switch to turn it ON/OFF. Since it's always hot, I can turn it on anytime I want. The build is kinda cheap, valcro a plastic piece with a hole to fit the switch. Stick in on the already existing upper hole.

Footwell LED with dome light (Left side)

Footwell LED without dome light (Left side)

Footwell LED with dome light (Right side)

continue on next reply....
Sponsored links