Supplies:
Fuse Box
Inline Fuse (30A)
40A relay
2 spools 10ga wire (red and black)
Various lengths of 14-16ga wire
Various wire connectors
Accessory switches

I started out by finding a suitable spot to mount the fuse block and relay- found a nice spot behind my parking brake pedal. Then commenced to disconnect the various wires I had running through the firewall to the battery

My "garage", aka the firehouse:

After disconnecting the old wires, ran my 10ga wires though the firewall, attaching the inline fuse at the battery. Then I mounted the fuse block and relay under the dash with screws.

After this, I removed the dash from around the radio, and removed the black bezel piece that has the rear window control- 4 screws held it in place from the rear

Also found a suitable place to run my wires from the fuse block under the dash

Ran 14ga wire from the relay, through the dash for my master switch. Then drilled holes in the bezel and mounted my switches

It's not perfect, but it works for me

I only have 1 accessory (emergency response dash lights) that I'm wiring in right now, but I went ahead and grounded all the switches. I thought about running all my wiring from the switches and putting in plugs or connectors to make things easier later, but ran out of wire connectors (and got a fire call in the middle of the install ).

Re-installed the bezel in the dash, connected the switches, hooked up the relay/fuse block, and checked to make sure everything worked (which it did)

Re-installed the dash, and voila, it's done! (for now )

Here's a pic of the install (disregard the wires to the right, they're from accessories that I didn't want to hook up at the moment):

Last edited by ff6cav; 09-10-2013 at 08:49 AM.