Old 09-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 98 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: blue
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:24
overtheedge86 is on a distinguished road

Maybe a little more info. I bought this truck about a month ago. It had sat for 2 years inside a garage with out starting. I changed the oil and all fluids after purchasing and the oil was disgusting. Ran a can of seafoam in the crank idling for about 30 minutes and changed the oil again also nasty looking. When the pressure first started dropping I out I put a new sender and also the mechanical gauge. Still had a problem so I open up the pan to clean the screen and replaced the pump. Was doing great sunday quite a but of driving and the pressure got low when hot hut not 0 by low I mean about 10 at idle. Yesterday I got home from work again idle about 10 when hot. Picked up my wife to go to home depot and it dropped out to 0 again wont even bounce up with a little rev. Sat for 2 hours or so fired up and pressure was fine.

Maybe more sludge came free from the top end and clogged the pick up again? If thats the case I would think hot thin oil would flow through the crud better than cold thick oil.