View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
So the calipers were left in place and just hit directly with a spray can? Single coat only?

No priming, no clear coat, no multiple coats, etc...?

Okay....
No. The kit comes with a spray cleaner which I generously used, wiped metal with clean rag and than used a blower to dry it off. Priming is not necessary in this application. I will let the forum know how it holds up after 5-6 months.

All the painting was done with a $1.15 narrow natural bristle brush I bought at Home Depot. The brush that comes with the kit is just too small. The caliper paint kit is by Duplicolor and cost $19.95. There is enough paint to do 5 trucks or 20 brakes. The red color is remarkably close to the Dodge Challenger SRT red calipers. Spraying color is impossible if calipers are mounted. The brush is very neat. The paint is something like nail polish. Definitely a special formulation for caliper use. Don't let your wife see it or you'll kiss it goodbye.

Last edited by skytop; 09-10-2013 at 09:58 PM.