View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:09 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86SN2001 View Post
My part-time public safety department was very innovative when I started there in 2006.

We ran a police-based ALS system. The police would respond as paramedics to medicals while the firefighters would respond in a BLS capacity with the ambulance. Our police-medics carried oxygen, a full bag of medical gear including narcs, and a full heart monitor. It was a great system. In the middle of the night when us fire guys would have to get up, get dressed, get to the station, map it out, wait for a crew, and the respond, the police were already on-scene providing ALS level care. Police-medics made 7% more than a regular RPO.

We are slowly moving away from the model...staffing and finding qualified people is very hard to manage. EMS is becoming completely fire based.

We currently run around 2K EMS runs a year and around 500 fire calls (ranging from a smell of gas to structure fires).

It's enough to keep me busy on my days off...

My full-time job I am a dispatcher for Hennepin EMS based out of Hennepin County Medical Center in downtown Minneapolis. 65,000-70,000 EMS runs a year. We just became the largest EMS service in the world to install Stryker's new Power Load system in all of our trucks. Very cool system. A lot of backs will be saved with this system.
Sounds like a very good system y'all got there.

The Stryker system is very good. I've worked with it many times in the hospital.