View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
Ready for your eyes to pop? A Brembo big brake kit (#1J1.9002A2) which is for calipers, pads and drilled rotors for the front only cost $4,699. And that is the discount price. Wilwood is about the same.
I needed a brake upgrade on all 4 brakes so you can do the math to see what Brembo would cost. Since I work for a living and never hit the lottery or got a federal gov't job, I could not go that route. Instead, I went with PowerStop drilled ventilated rotors with matching hi performance pads. To get the "look" of the "high price binders," I stopped at AutoZone and picked up a high quality brake caliper paint kit (cleaner prep and caliper paint w/ brush) in OEM red (same color Dodge uses on SRT calipers).

So instead of polishing and powder coating, I cleaned and painted the stock calipers and they look great dressed up in red and costing little to do.

It took exactly an hour to change over all four brake assemblies and paint the calipers. I have attached a photo of the installed front brake showing the entire assembly. There is also a pic with the wheel mounted. Ah....the pleasure of doing a good job, doing it yourself and saving a pile of cash to boot! BTW, I loved seeing the trick Ram alloy suspension members. Lots less weight for a more compliant suspension!

Simply stunning.
I have to redo mine....started chipping.

But yours def pop

for paint job
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!