View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Diablo canned tunes are typically not very good. They are typically the worst canned tunes of any company out there from my experience. A different tuner or the "custom"(mail order or email order is the new thing) tuning should be a noticeable improvement.

For an 09' or 10' 5.7L Hemi Ram

There is absolutely undeniably no better canned tune available than Diablo

4.7L guys dont have freakin CLUE so you can dismiss their B.S. RFN

A buddy and I extensively track tested a Bully Dog GT, Superchips Cortex and Diablosport Trinity on two 10' Hemi Ram's
Goto DT and look for tuner wars, many others will back up our findings

The ONLY tuner that got me into the 13 second club was the Diablo PERIOD (RCSB 4x4 with 3.55's)

Maxed out shift points (6400rpm) were 500rpm higher than both Diablo and Bully Dog were capable of
I also maxed out Throttle Booster and I have NEVER used a custom tune from Hemifever or WhiteLightning
Canned 93 tune only, too many have killed their transmissions running white lightning trans tuning (IMHO)

BUT you have to have a high quality 93-94 octane fuel source to take full advantage of the tuning.

Superchips has all but totally abandoned RAM tuning ever since,
threw in the towel after 2010 and has no support for 2011's, 2012's and certainly not 2013's

I sold my Bully Dog GT at a loss, it was 3 tenths slower than my Diablo Trinity
Superchips was a total joke, if you tried to shift over 5900 rpm it paused, stalled and fkd up the entire run

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 09-11-2013 at 11:56 AM.