View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 03:22 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1463
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I have had my Recon cab lights installed since April (just over five months now) with no issues whatsoever. You may want to try contacting Recon customer support...

I also have Recon's Xtreme tailgate light bar installed. I have been through multiple tailgate bars since last December when I installed my first one. First one died (my fault).. ordered second one, it died within two weeks of install (internal chip (?) deemed defective.. was sent a third, it was deemed defective (had a black mass sealed inside the tube).. was sent a fourth and all has been dandy since. It is a wonderful product.. I was simply not on my game when I installed the first one and I was unfortunate to receive two defective bars.. BUT Recon is on their game when it comes to customer service! Never any hitches in contacting them or receiving timely replacements.

I also have their Big Rig running light kit installed (in operation for about three months now). Not a single issue. Just another superb product from a very stellar company all around.

I would highly suggest contacting Recon about your cab lights and see what they can do to help. They are easy to talk to.. just tell them the low down and they'll be frank with you in return. I've never gotten the runaround from them.. always straight forward. Don't let one product hiccup cause you to turn away.. at the very least, give the company the chance to fix your problem for you.

I, too, was skeptical at first, but their superior cust service led me to give them another chance after my tailgate light bar incident (after my first replacement died after two weeks).. and even after that ordeal (all the bars I went through) which strung out over the course of three months.. I STILL purchased their cab light kit and their Big Rig kit. Mainly because their products are of superior quality and if you happen to get a defective one, they are quick to work with you (unlike a few other companies I have dealt with). And I couldn't be happier with my Recon products!

Much of luck to you!

Last edited by KA1OTE; 09-11-2013 at 03:28 AM.