View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:217
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

What don't I like? After using Zaino, I pretty much don't like any other wax. Zaino is a man made wax and I got it because I have a black Challenger with black side stripes. The Zaino doesn't leave any kind of residue along the stripes. It also lasts much longer than regular wax. The only problem with Zaino is it doesn't have a lot of cleaning ability so you have to clay bar the car first or somehow clean the paint.

I'm also not a big fan of the Turtle Was bug and Tar remover, its crap, but I have always like Never Dull. Wenol is good stuff also.

For a power buffer I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Maguires product. They list it as a "professional" product so you won't find it at Wal-mart. Its called Mirror Glaze Polymer Sealant. Its also a man made wax and it does a good job of cleaning the paint. I really like it and also have a couple different Maguires buffing compounds for taking out bad scratches with a power buffer.

I'm also not to big on Armor All anymore. It kind of got a bad rap for drying stuff out of the long run. I don't know if thats true or not but I used to use it all the time.

I currently maintain a "fleet" of 5 cars. My wifes 300C, my daughters Impala, my Dodge truck, my Challenger and my sons 2004 GTO. I do all the wrenching I can plus try and keep them halfway clean so anything I can do to save time helps. My son does help with his car but it seems the rest is up to me. I guess I've been cleaning and detailing cars for about 30 years now and I've kind of learned what works with the least amount of effort.

Last edited by dodge man; 09-11-2013 at 05:56 PM.