View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I read that there are BIG companies that really want to get rid of the Ethanol

boat owners, small engine owners, motorcycle owners are all having major issues & it is all because of the ethanol

it eats gaskets & rubber seals if left in a stored vehicle more then a month & the gas itself also goes bad

Ethanol is a solvent

In addition to absorbing water, ethanol also is a solvent. It can soften the interior of rubber hoses, and pieces come loose. Pickup tubes in the fuel tank can become brittle and either break off or flake, again sending along particles that can clog the fuel system. Some boats have fiberglass fuel tanks and the ethanol can dissolve the fiberglass resin that holds the material together.

"After a period of time the resins will be dissolved and sucked through the fuel system, leaving nothing but the fiberglass cloth in the fuel tank," Murphy said. He discovered an extreme example in one customer's boat, reaching inside the tank and removing enough fiberglass material to fill four small bags.

my brother told me to start putting Sea Foam in my Harley gas tank on a regular basis, it somehow slows the bad effects down
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 09-11-2013 at 10:34 PM.