View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

No they don't.

This has been popping up a lot recently and it has usually been because of a lose ground pin on the headlight connector.

You need to pull the headlight and check the connector. The black wire is the ground. Try pushing it back into the connector a bit.

If you lose the ground that is why your headlight loses low/high beam and still has parking lights. Parking lights power is on another connector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRT View Post
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 RT with quad headlights. A couple of weeks ago my left side headlight stopped working, both high and low beam bulbs. Several days later they are working again. Last week the right side stopped working, again both high and low beam bulbs. I left it at the local Dodge dealer...truck still under warrenty. They said the left side low beam bulb was out and it was causing the problem. I'm not a electrican but would Dodge design a system that if one bulb went out it would effect the entire system. HELP. Thanks

Chrome... in moderation.