Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 2WD
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Dark Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
SF Ram 2002 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereagle98 View Post
When I was in Navy boot camp in San Diego our barracks was located along the fence that separated us from MCRD San Diego. At times we would be cokin' and smokin' on the grass in front of the barracks and watch the Marine recruits on their cross country run in full gear run by not a hundred feet away. There were a lot of catcalls both ways. Years later I ran into a guy that had been on that other side of the fence. He told me he always wondered why he was busting his butt and we were kicking back earning the SAME pay.

I remember it being 10 days before I could do my duty there. Here all these years I assumed I was probably the only one that was affected like that. You guys have made me feel better about it - I can sleep better tonight :)

Duty stations - VP17 Barber's Point, Hi; VAQ 132 NAS Whidbey; AIMD Whidbey; VA 52 NAS Whidbey; VQ 5 NAS Guam/NAS North Island. Ships - USS Eisenhower, USS Carl Vinson, USS Enterprise, USS Independence, USS Kitty Hawk. Anyone else on the forums been there/done that?
Spent my first tour with VP-26 NAS Brunswick as an AW. Loved the flying and hated it at the same time. Looooooong hours up in that P-3. Didn't like Great Lakes at all. Now I've "crossed over to the blue" and have become one of those Security Forces guys that everyone loves to hate. I love the job, get to do and see some interesting things.

First tactical drop was made about 3 or 4 days out of the smurf suits. Funny story: had a guy that couldn't take all of the yelling and the "instruction." He tried to jump the fence and got his rain coat stuck up on top of the barb wire fence. He was there for about 2 days before the SP's found him......it was the last week of January. He nearly froze. Guess the smurf suits were good for something.

Sorry for bringing the USN and USAF into a USMC thread. Lots of respect for those guys!