Old 09-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Hammahamma is on a distinguished road
Default stuck in 4th gear

I was towing a small trailer, less then 5000lbs from GNP when the transmission shifted out of tow mode and into 4th gear and warning light came on. Limped into Steamboat Rock SP then just made it home. Took it to dealer and they replaced a solenoid/sensors in the transmission and changed fluid. Truck had just under 15K miles on it. Been driving the truck a week and so far so good. However, when the transmission went bad, I also lost indicators on my dash, i.e., when I shift into reverse The "R" is not lighting up on the dash and same goes with "D" for drive. It did prior to the truck's transmission issues. Both issues reared it's ugly head at the same time. Truck runs OK but if the dash indicators aren't working what else isn't working? Brought the truck in today and dealer couldn't fix and doesn't know what is causing the problem. They shut down the electronic brains and did a restart, plus was on the phone with corporate but they had no answers. They think it may be another plug and play black box which they are ordering. They can't guarantee this will be the fix. Anybody out there have this same problem? Any ideas?
Sponsored links