View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:364
spoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nice
Default Throwdown!!!

I love it when guys/gals who know what they are talking about disagree. Not trying to stir the $h!t..... Seriously... I like it when two or more knowledgeable personalities go at it with facts and data and JMO type info. It is fun to read and I learn things. (there are a couple of these discussions going on right now on this forum)
One of the few downsides to these forums is that lots of times you can't trust a review because the reviewer is just raving about how great something is.... and they go on and on about how it's the best thing in the world but it is plainly obvious that they have never tried the competitors product.
Don't get me wrong... for example -- I'm totally cool when a person gets a new throttle body and wants to share how great it is. We all do that because we like to share our good (and bad) experiences. That's fun.
The other side is when I have read, on this very forum, that "Trinity" makes the best canned tunes bar none...... then a few weeks later "Bully" makes the best canned tunes bar none. and both statements are backed up with the catch all qualifier "It is generally agreed on by most people"
Still reading... Okay ... heres my carAzy idea.
Each week the Forumz has a "Product Throwdown" that looks something like this....
On Monday we all get a heads up stating that this weeks "Product ThrowDown" is putting the (Hellwig anti sway bar vs. the Addco anti sway bar) Tune in Thursday and join the thread.
Then Thursday... there's a sticky in place and everyone interested can watch or contribute. Manufacturers can post specs... gear heads can post numbers and weekend warriors can post personal opinions.
Each week a different member suggested throwdown, each week a little friendly head to head discussion by knowledgeable people.

Lastly... I have zero data that this is a good idea and it is not generally agreed on by anyone that this could even work. Just wanted to share an idea.