Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
How is any dealer going to know what effin' oil you put in your motor? There are no markers specific to each brand of oil. Basically, since oil breaks down at different rates in different engines (even the same makes and models) after a thousand miles or so its impossible to tell exactly what kind of oil it is. So unless you run royal purple (its purple when its clean) and your engine has less than 1k on that oil change when it fails, they will never know, unless you tell them.

You can tell when the oil is new what brand it is. after that, its all speculation. I checked my receipts. They all say MOBIL 5w-20 OIL. Thats it. LOL.
They will simply look at your oil change receipts after the first Oil Change if its Non- Synthetic Mobil Oil on the receipt they would never know, but if its Synthetic Mobil 1 on the receipt they COULD deny the warranty. But if it fails under 1000 miles on a New motor it would have original CHRYSLER APPROVED oil in it. I'm just saying why use an oil that would give them a reason to start crap? Use one approved and you have no issues.

Last edited by ramit355; 09-15-2013 at 06:29 PM.