Old 09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
Big Red 1 is on a distinguished road

Just completed this project; my first mod. There is a product called Marine Mat; I bought mine at Overtons (marine supply). Each sheet is 12"x18" self adhesive with a black textured non slip finish. I sized the front sill protectors at 3.5" x 18" and the rears at 3.5" x 9", and rounded the corners using a washer and razor blade for a flawless appearance. One important reminder; the front sills are about 1/4" narrower at the front (I found this out after installing the drivers side, so I removed it and fabricated another). Due to all the curves in the sills, I started at the bottom and pulled up the backing paper about 1" and worked my way up. When I got to the inside curve, I used a screen roller to make sure it was secure. Another trick is to use wax paper behind the marine mat as you install so it wont stick where it's not supposed to; just pull up on the paper as you press on the mat. Looks awesome, and protects the paint. You can also buy 3M anti slip tape in different widths at the hardware store / Lowes / HD, that comes in three colors; Black, Gray and White. The black is like sandpaper though; the others are not.