Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
jtlind1999 is on a distinguished road
Default Warranty "Honor" Update

UPDATE-Thank you for all of the replies. The RAM is a 2008 that was purchased in September of 2007, so they are counting that date. We do have all of the documentation and it has been "up the food-chain" to a Corporate person (sorry, but no title). The long and short of it is that they will not "honor" the warranty because the "special inspection" was not done within the 60 day window of the purchase date. They will extend it to 90 days and count "major work", but oil changes do not count. Unfortunately for me, I went on vacation in July of 2012, so I had my annual Summer Work on the RAM done (60K mile service) in late June of 2012, so I could go camping in it, which was 104 days from the purchase date (14 days outside of their extended window). The RAM had 63k and change on it then, it has 71K (almost) on it now. My issue is that I paid the extra money to have the work done at a dealer as a "safety net" for the lifetime warranty, but the dealership's computers are not programed to show that that a special inspection is needed until 60 days out. I know that it is outside of their "window" and I know that I am asking for an exception, but I also own nothing but Dodges (most of them purchased new from the same dealership), so if their was a time for them to "step up", this is the time. Chrysler admits that they did not send a reminder, nor did they make me aware of a "special inspection" at 5 years when I purchased it. When we purchased the 2013 DART (with a lifetime warranty BEFORE this all happened, believe me I would not do it now), we had to sign acknowledgement of the need of a special inspection, between that and talking to RAM Customer Care, they know this was an issue with the 2008 Lifetime Warranty, so why not make the exception and stand up for the Loyal Customer. Never again, ladies and gentleman, never again. I posted here not to gripe (okay, maybe a little), but to let you all know what happened so that it does not happen to you. You can make up your own mind. I TRUSTED RAM to stand up for a loyal Customer and I feel that they could have done that and been justified, they chose to NOT do that, so why am I loyal to them by purchasing their vehicles with my money?
On a side note, my profession puts me in contact with many people who are looking to purchase vehicles and they are very interested in the 2013 DART, while I like the care, I WILL NOT recommend it based on this situation.
Thank you all for taking the time to read and respond.