Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RamFreak13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
As I said in the post. They have a vast knowledge of software crashes. No one is going to build a stable OS. It just isn't going to happen. We need software that can recover itself and not have input from the dealer. I have a PC with Windows 7 that has been running for 4 years straight without any issues. I have never turned it off other then to reboot for software upgrades. I have a truck that didn't make it a month before the radio software crashed and fried the radio rendering the truck useless. So, yeah I meant Microsoft. The largest software maker in the world. The one running 90% of the PCs on the planet. The one with the knowledge to make software for a truck that when it does crash (Software, not the truck.) it can fix itself and not require a tow to the dealer at 4 in the morning.

Go to https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc...nersLogin.aspx

It will tell you if you are affected by the recall.
Agreed 100%, MS may not be perfect but I don't know any Software Dev who is. People are stoked that our radios are based on Linux, right now I am not seeing how this made it any better than a MS based system.