Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
jp7704jp will become famous soon enough
Default Buyer beware... Bully Dog

So I sold my truck and subsequently my bully dog hemi tuner. The guy who bought my tuner from me told me that the tune on the bully dog would not let him run it on his truck. He tried updating it and was told by tech support that he had to pay 250 bucks to have my old vin erased and his placed on it. The problem that I have with this is that I put it back to stock before sending it to him and it was "unmarried". I called BD tech myself and was told that this was their new policy and there was nothing that could be done for me. So if you are gonna buy a bd used from someone know this... unmarried to your truck now means you have to pay $250. It used to be 100 bucks if the dealer accidentally erased a tune from your truck. Now no matter what if it was hooked up to a vehicle and you try and use it on another you will pay the 250 if you want it to work. Married, unmarried, it doesnt matter. BTW there is nothing on the website that I could find that explained this. Also good luck getting an instruction manual for the hemi GT. You have to download the standard GT and figure it out from there. IMO Bully dog has taken a product that was marginal at best and made it unmarketable on the private market and told their loyal customers (bought it within the first month of it coming out) to go you know what themselves. Nothing matters but their bottom line. Hope this was helpful.

Jeremy